About The Black Label
The Black Label is a reflection of the way Wired Productions curates its games. It is a celebration of art, music and most importantly; the teams behind each release and their ethos and experiences. Limited to just 2,500 units, each is beautifully crafted and carefully selected, to spotlight one of the many eclectic games Wired publish from developers we love. This pre-order window for this #01 edition of Black Label closes July 30th.
Join The Wired Community via: Wired Live| Twitter | Discord | YouTube |Twitch
What’s Inside Black Label #01
Celebrate Victor Vran, Lloyd Kaufman, Lemmy and Motörhead, in the intense and humorous ARPG made by the talented demon slayers at Haemimont Games! #01 of the Black Label include:
- Pre-orders close July 30th and limited to a maximum of 2,500 units.
- Victor Vran: Overkill Edition on PlayStation 4 or Nintendo Switch enclosed in the limited Black Label variant inlay and sleeve.
- Stunning art prints hand-chosen. Including Motorhead Through The Ages.
- CD and Digital Download soundtrack by acclaimed composer George Strezov.
- A Wired Razor authenticity card – individually numbered.
- Iconic razor cut Alu-dibond art print.
- Collectable trading cards from the Wired Productions collection.
- The Journey – the Wired and Haemimont story in pictures.
- All housed in a bespoke high-end Black Label silver box wrapped in the Wired Razor Sleeve – a black finish with an embossed tattoo motif.
Relationships in the games industry are often established through pitches, word of mouth or aggressive deals and negotiations. For Wired and developer Haemimont Games, it all started over a case of beer… Motörhead beer to be specific… in an ancient London crypt with Lloyd Kaufman and Phil “Lord Axsmith” Campbell (true story!) hanging out on the couch. From the get-go, there was a mutual understanding, a connection based on similar principles, ways of working, taste in music and a like for a specific whisky that Lemmy himself would approve.
Wired became involved with Victor Vran at a stage where the game was finished and out on PC, but Gabriel Dobrev, the founder of the studio, Producer Bisser Dyankov and their team had more ideas, and a wish to release more content to a wider audience. With help from Motörheadbanger (and creative producer/designer) Achim Heidelauf, who had a 25 year going close connection with Lemmy and the band, the Motörhead game story was written, with the utmost support of the band members themselves. Roll forward a couple of years and Victor Vran: Overkill Edition launched on consoles, won a bunch of awards, helped crack open a few more bottles of beer and brought Troma legend Lloyd Kaufman out of Tromaville and into the gaming world!
When Wired thought about which game to kick off the Black Label series, really, there was no choice other than Victor Vran, a game that kick-started so many things, friendships and - a hangover.
We are currently finalising this product, although the artwork is still subject to change. We expect to ship 4 months after our pre-orders close and will communicate clearly delivery times. If you live in the US you can pre-order direct (& cheaper!) from our friends at Limited Run Games!